Hurricane Ida Recovery
Saturday, September 11, Houma, LA. 6:00 am leaving The Open Door. Returning 6:00 PM. | Kids + Families Welcome
- Farm Fresh Eggs (not refrigerated, not cleaned to ensure they're shelf-stable)
- Generator Replacement Batteries
- Three 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch batteries
- 6x4x4 inches
- Preferred if the positive and negatives are switched
- The Generator Batteries can be purchased at Batteries Plus on Johnston St.
- Dollies for moving furniture
- Sheet Metal
Do you work with sheet metal? We could use your help Saturday!
- 3 'old work' single gang electrical boxes, 3-20amp electrical receptacles (not GFI), 3 cover plates
- 3 standard windows (3'x4')
- (12) 2"x4"x8', T25 Construction Screws (not outdoor deck screws)
- (1) 10 lb. bucket #9x2.5"
- (1) 10 lb. bucket #9x3"
- Clothes drying rack
- Package of wooden clothespins
- 3-20 amp electrical outlets with covers
- 3-Old Work Style single gang electrical rough in boxes
- Generator Cords if available
- WindowAC units
- Liquid RV Black Tank Treatment/Deodorizer
- Ziploc Bags & Trash Bags
- Cleaning Supplies (Bleach, Mold Killer, Rubber Gloves, Squeegees, Mops, etc.)
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels (Baby & Adult)
- Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tampons, Toothbrushes & Toothpaste, other toiletries
- Mosquito Spray
- Boxes of Snack Bars, chips, etc
- Canned Food & any other packaged Non-Snack Food
- Pet Food
- Rakes & Flat Head shovels
- Generators & A.C. window units
- Disposable Masks
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Laundry Detergent
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Food
With His Love and for His Glory!
When traveling to hurricane-affected areas, keep in mind:
There may not be
- cell reception
Those going need to have more than enough fuel to make it drive and get back to Lafayette.
Have enough food and water for the day (and possibly an overnight if you run out of gas)
You need to be able to handle the heat because there isn’t air conditioning.
There will be nails and debris on the roads that cause more flat tires than normal, so make sure you have a good spare tire.
If you are out of cell range and get into trouble (gas/heat exhaustion/lost) you can easily become part of the need while trying to help.
Get in contact with people there who can give you an accurate picture of the resources and the situation to expect.
The Open Door hosts a Vitalant blood drive on September 12
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers,
to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.